The Oregon Symphony is the sixth oldest major orchestra in the United States and one of the largest arts organizations in the Pacific Northwest, performing over 70 concerts per year at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall in Portland and providing a wide array of musical educational offerings for all ages.
The orchestra is recognized as one of the most successful and innovative symphony orchestras in the nation. On May 12, 2011 the Oregon Symphony made its debut at Carnegie Hall as part of the Spring for Music festival. Writing in the June 6th issue of the New Yorker, critic Alex Ross called our performance "the highlight of the festival and one of the most gripping events of the current season."
Foundation Relations Manager and Content Strategist
Patron Services Representative
The Oregon Symphony is seeking a full-time Patron Services Representative to join our team. The position includes weekday hours at the Oregon Symphony Ticket Office as well as some weekend and evening hours at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall during our concert season. Please find a brief job description below; those selected for interviews will be provided with a full job description.
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
SUMMARY: Serve as front-line Patron Services Representative of the Oregon Symphony, providing exceptional customer service, and assist in the operation of the ticket office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a detailed, proficient and working knowledge of Tessitura (ticketing and contribution database software), concert and event information, programs and products, and Ticket Office policies.
- Provide exceptional customer service by selling tickets to Symphony Concerts, answering incoming phone calls and greeting walk-in patrons, and entering orders/data into the system.
- Assist in the operation of the Ticket Office.
- Additional projects/duties as assigned including assisting in training new ticket office employees and serving as a go to person as needed while working at the concert Hall.
- Education and/or Experience - Employment experience in a customer service or retail sales position required. One year experience in a ticket/box office greatly preferred.
- Computer Skills - To perform this position successfully, an individual should have a working knowledge of Tessitura; Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word for Windows and Outlook.
35 hours weekly Full Time Position. All work will be conducted at the Symphony business offices or Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall. Scheduling may change seasonally. Any changes to the posted schedule must be approved by the Supervisor at least 24 hours in advance. Person in this position must be able to work a flexible schedule that will include some evening and weekend hours during the Symphony season.
Oregon Symphony Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Founded in 1896, the Oregon Symphony is recognized for its internationally-acclaimed conductors, skilled musicians, diverse performances and outstanding education and community engagement programs. Our mission is sharing live performances with the people in our region.