Friends of the Oregon Symphony
You are cordially invited to
Come play Musical Chairs with the Oregon Symphony!
Ever wanted to be able to ask Sarah Kwak exactly what a Concertmaster does? Find out from Jon Greeney how he regulates his timpani during the performance? Learn from Karen Wagner why the orchestra tunes to the oboe?
Well, you’ll be able to ask all of those questions and more on Tuesday, May 17, from 6 pm to 8 pm. when you meet your favorite musicians at Musical Chairs, presented by Friends of the Symphony.
This wonderful evening is being sponsored by NW Natural and will be held high in the sky at their headquarters at 220 NW Second.
The price is just $60 per person for a light dinner, wine, and beverages, and the evening benefits the Oregon Symphony Educational Programs.Come meet Sarah Kwak, concertmaster; Niel DePonte, principal percussionist; Peter Frajola, associate concertmaster; Jon Greeney, principal timpani; Yoko Greeney, pianist; Nancy Ives, principal cello; Evan Kuhlman, assistant principal bassoon; Vali Phillips, violin; Jason Schooler, bass; and Karen Wagner, assistant principal oboe.
Buy tickets online
to mail your payment.
Susie Kasper at
The Friends of the Oregon Symphony (FOS) is a community of passionate individuals. We not only love music and its ability to change lives, we love the music of our Oregon Symphony.
FOS Members, or Friends, plan events and fundraisers, volunteer with community outreach and education programs, and enjoy music. Together.
Join Today – Become a Friend
Benefits of FOS Membership:
- Access to superb music – at performances, FOS meetings, and VIP rehearsals
- Contact with orchestra musicians, conductors and guest artists
- Opportunity to help bring music to Portland’s children and teens
- Meeting new friends and becoming a part of a wonderful community
Membership dues are $40 annually, and proceeds go to support our work. FOS is organized into different chapters by your location and interests, and you can chose which you would like to join based on your location and interests. Scholarships are also available upon consideration.
Activities and Opportunities
When you become a Friend of the Oregon Symphony, you can express your love of music in several ways:
- Become a docent and prepare students for youth concerts
- Volunteer and usher at youth concerts
- Participate in Symphony Storytimes with children at branches of the Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas County Libraries
- Sponsor and plan fundraising events, large and small
- Serve as an ambassador by sharing our symphony’s mission with Oregon and the world
- Volunteer by providing office support
- Participate in local chapter events with orchestra musicians
Friend our Oregon Symphony Today
Register to be a Friend by submitting your application online.
Or download, print, and complete the Application and Contact Form (PDF), and mail completed form and payment to:
Friends of the Oregon Symphony
921 SW Washington, Ste. 200
Portland, OR 97205
Or call us at 503-416-6328 and speak with a FOS member.
Or email us at FOS@OrSymphony.org
Follow us on social media:
Facebook: Friends of the Oregon Symphony