Volunteering with the Oregon Symphony in Salem places you on the ground level of our work to bring music into our community. Oregon Symphony in Salem volunteers are welcome “extra hands” in the office and at events, act as ambassadors for our programs, and, above all, are advocates for arts education. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Helping with mailings and other administrative projects
- Staffing events as greeters or information guides
- Assisting with youth educational events in the community, such as the Vernon L. Wiscarson Young Musicians’ Competition
- Connecting the Symphony with local schools and encouraging teachers and principals to take advantage of our educational opportunities
- Serving as ushers at the concert hall, handing out programs and helping ensure concerts run in a smooth and professional manner
- Helping organize and run special events, including our annual fundraising gala and a variety of events and concerts held at smaller venues
- Spreading word about Oregon Symphony in Salem concerts by sharing information at booths and tables at local community outreach events, as well as distributing posters to local stores and businesses
Interested in volunteering? Sign up with our Volunteer Interest Form.
Our next volunteer orientation will take place September 14, 10 am, at First United Methodist Church in downtown Salem. For more information or to register, contact Beth Yockey Jones (503-416-6393).